Monday, February 1, 2010

Welcome to the MommyBlog!

It was inevitable. I write. I have a baby. Sooner or later, I was going to start writing about the baby.

Right now I'm juggling contractual requirements for a novella by my Evil Twin (you know, the one who writes the smut), a couple of back-burnered short stories, and breastfeeding. I'm learning to type one-handed while supporting a hefty little boy with the other arm, but I'm getting back into the flow of things.

In 2009, I was published in The Drabbler, Reflection's Edge, Emerald Tales, Crossed Genres, and Everyday Weirdness. I'm now in Crossed Genres' editors-choice anthology, awaiting publication by The Future Fire in early March, and hoping to hear back from a couple of vanishing editors. The Evil Twin publishes at Shadowfire Press.

As you might expect, every one of those stories was written before Mowgli came along. Why "Mowgli"? In an early ultrasound, he had his long legs folded up by his ears and his hands clutched close to his chest and looked quite like a little frog. It's not the name that will be on his college applications, but it'll do for the interwebs.

2 comments: